Wednesday, August 08, 2012
The responses I made to my niece concerning God's view of homosexuality. I want to remember what I wrote in case it comes up again:
- Honestly, I can't in my own heart and brain figure out why homosexuality is such a big deal to God that he brings it up in the New Testament as well, but since I do know that God loves us all and wants the best for us all, it would be good to go with His ideas for everything. The HUGE failure among many Christians is their lack of LOVE for everyone! We know that not everyone is going to live up to God's ideal, even God knows that. But God loves us all, so I must also, if I want to make any claim at trying to become more like Christ. I love the gays I know. I love the divorced people I know. They may not be living the dream as far as God is concerned, but neither am I.