Wednesday, September 01, 2010

 
Today begins "30 Days of Excellent in Every Way", a project to uplift one's children for a whole month. I think it's a great idea!
I always try to build my children up by showing my confidence in them and with encouraging words. My parents did that for my three brothers and me, and I think it has paid off beautifully in our lives. We tend to be unafraid of the criticism of others. We are confident in our opinions. We aren't afraid to take risks, and we don't bow to peer pressure.
To let new readers know a little more about me: I'm an all-out-for-God Christian, 50 years old and married 30 years to James. We have 8 children, ages 28 to 12, 5 boys and 3 girls. I'm kinda nuts about 'em!
James and I left the size of our family up to God. Our life has been such an incredible adventure!

Several encouraging things happened today. Twelve year old Caleb made me eggs and toast for breakfast. 15 year old Joshua went for his morning run without a peep of complaint... come to think of it, he also helped finish up making supper without a peep as well. Twenty year old Ethan plowed through all of his studies despite a return of back pain. :(

Thank God for them all! I hope that my prayers for them this month will be enlightening concerning each one. I usually pray for them about specific things they've needed prayer for, but not just for general enlightenment.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?