Monday, January 12, 2009
The other day Anna and I were practicing our quill work when we decided to ask passersby (family) for words that rhymed, and we made up silly little poems.
Anna had just drawn some horses with red ink, so she wrote:
Horses on a hill
Drawn with a quill
Can you write?
Make it right?
Before your pen
Is all done in?
I wrote:
I love
back rubs
bear hugs
drinking tea together
crunchy ice
bowling strikes
being with you forever
We dove in together and wrote:
I have a weapon with bling
in a battle, my arm in a sling
I blow my whistle
to signal a vessel
Tis best to retreat with my team
and all have cake, tea and cream.
And also:
The engineer was bodacious
as he fully opended the throttle on the train.
I hadn't planned to be courageous
having always preferred boring and plain.
I manage to stop it while the Queen screamed, "O, gracious!"
As we just missed her finest hunter in the lane.
Anna had just drawn some horses with red ink, so she wrote:
Horses on a hill
Drawn with a quill
Can you write?
Make it right?
Before your pen
Is all done in?
I wrote:
I love
back rubs
bear hugs
drinking tea together
crunchy ice
bowling strikes
being with you forever
We dove in together and wrote:
I have a weapon with bling
in a battle, my arm in a sling
I blow my whistle
to signal a vessel
Tis best to retreat with my team
and all have cake, tea and cream.
And also:
The engineer was bodacious
as he fully opended the throttle on the train.
I hadn't planned to be courageous
having always preferred boring and plain.
I manage to stop it while the Queen screamed, "O, gracious!"
As we just missed her finest hunter in the lane.