Wednesday, December 19, 2007
We got our electrical power back on yesterday evening!! I was gone, getting Ethan from his gymnastics class. We drove around the corner onto our street and saw that the next-door neighbor's big outdoor light was on and realized the power company must have finally worked its magic on our line! As we pulled into the driveway Ethan said, "Wait just a sec... I want to hear the silence." He was referring to the constant din of our generator, plus the neighbor's generator, plus the phone company's generator that we'd been hearing for over a week in our normally quiet neighborhood. We turned off the car and were not greeted with silence because the phone company was still running their generator, but it was A LOT better than hearing all three!!
I had planned to make several things in the kitchen to send to relatives for Christmas, but after the power outage we could only run one burner on the stove to prevent overwhelming our generator which was running fridge, lights, furnace blower, stove and waste water system. I think everyone will get Christmas cards this year. :)
Wouldn't it be nice to get a reimbursement for highway taxes included at the pump in the gasoline we had to buy to run our generator? That would be a nice chunk of change for people all over Oklahoma.
I had planned to make several things in the kitchen to send to relatives for Christmas, but after the power outage we could only run one burner on the stove to prevent overwhelming our generator which was running fridge, lights, furnace blower, stove and waste water system. I think everyone will get Christmas cards this year. :)
Wouldn't it be nice to get a reimbursement for highway taxes included at the pump in the gasoline we had to buy to run our generator? That would be a nice chunk of change for people all over Oklahoma.