Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I've been reading up on international adoption lately.
It is quite confusing. I have actually learned more talking to people on the phone than I have from official websites of countries or agencies. This is a real turn-around for me because I'm very visual and usually do better with print materials as far as learning and recall goes.
Samuel visited an orphanage in the Philippines that it would be wonderful to receive a child from (it would help them and we would know our child had been well-cared for) but I can't find any way to actually adopt a specific child or even a child from a specific orphanage.
I'm not sure what God is doing with us at this point or what I'm supposed to do next. Not that being lead around by the Creator of the Universe Who loves me is a scary thing-- just bewildering sometimes! :)
It is quite confusing. I have actually learned more talking to people on the phone than I have from official websites of countries or agencies. This is a real turn-around for me because I'm very visual and usually do better with print materials as far as learning and recall goes.
Samuel visited an orphanage in the Philippines that it would be wonderful to receive a child from (it would help them and we would know our child had been well-cared for) but I can't find any way to actually adopt a specific child or even a child from a specific orphanage.
I'm not sure what God is doing with us at this point or what I'm supposed to do next. Not that being lead around by the Creator of the Universe Who loves me is a scary thing-- just bewildering sometimes! :)