Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Caleb was baptized Dec. 17th! He was so happy. His classmate Lizzie Holden was baptized that morning also. This past Sunday, Dec. 24th, he took her a little packet of candy to celebrate.
Speaking of celebrating with gifts, Christmas was great fun. We remembered God's unspeakable gift to us in His Son, Jesus Christ. We also exchanged gifts with each other. Caleb gave his elderly friend "Mom 'Cille" a bouquet of flowers. Her daughter later ran into me at the store and told me how much she'd enjoyed them. I told her it was Caleb's idea, and she said, "Oh yes, I knew it would be. That boy is such a charmer!"
Anna and Joshua made Christmas breakfast. Bonnie had planned to help, but felt too ill. By the time it was served (it was delicious--french toast with bacon and sausage) several other family members didn't feel like eating it. I developed a terrible headache and sore throat that medication barely took the edge off of, and so did Samuel. We survived the opening of presents and went back to bed. (I mean Samuel and I.) James woke me about 1:30 to see if I could help with the big Christmas meal, but all I could do was give suggestions. James picked apart the turkey, Anna prepared sweet potatoes, Ethan made white potatoes, Naomi helped with setting the table and other things. When I staggered out of bed later I whipped the potatoes, Joshua and Ethan helped me set up a buffet area across the countertop and Anna made green beans. Samuel and Bonnie were too sick to come to the table. The rest of us either felt great and ate piles of food or felt bad and ate dabs.
Anna later became exhausted; she'd tried to do so much all day when she'd been sick earlier in the week. She should have rested more but felt sorry for the rest of us. Caleb came down with the infamous terrible headache and sore throat that evening; he's still sick. I am pretty much recovered. Bonnie and Samuel are still sick. Naomi kind of came down with a half-dose of illness and is hovering about at that level where one is energetic only in short spurts. Ethan got sick some time after Anna and before the rest of us, but it's all a blur to me now. James and Isaac are well, of course; they are seldom ill, thank God. It made for an unusual Christmas, but a lot of love was shown because of it.
Speaking of celebrating with gifts, Christmas was great fun. We remembered God's unspeakable gift to us in His Son, Jesus Christ. We also exchanged gifts with each other. Caleb gave his elderly friend "Mom 'Cille" a bouquet of flowers. Her daughter later ran into me at the store and told me how much she'd enjoyed them. I told her it was Caleb's idea, and she said, "Oh yes, I knew it would be. That boy is such a charmer!"
Anna and Joshua made Christmas breakfast. Bonnie had planned to help, but felt too ill. By the time it was served (it was delicious--french toast with bacon and sausage) several other family members didn't feel like eating it. I developed a terrible headache and sore throat that medication barely took the edge off of, and so did Samuel. We survived the opening of presents and went back to bed. (I mean Samuel and I.) James woke me about 1:30 to see if I could help with the big Christmas meal, but all I could do was give suggestions. James picked apart the turkey, Anna prepared sweet potatoes, Ethan made white potatoes, Naomi helped with setting the table and other things. When I staggered out of bed later I whipped the potatoes, Joshua and Ethan helped me set up a buffet area across the countertop and Anna made green beans. Samuel and Bonnie were too sick to come to the table. The rest of us either felt great and ate piles of food or felt bad and ate dabs.
Anna later became exhausted; she'd tried to do so much all day when she'd been sick earlier in the week. She should have rested more but felt sorry for the rest of us. Caleb came down with the infamous terrible headache and sore throat that evening; he's still sick. I am pretty much recovered. Bonnie and Samuel are still sick. Naomi kind of came down with a half-dose of illness and is hovering about at that level where one is energetic only in short spurts. Ethan got sick some time after Anna and before the rest of us, but it's all a blur to me now. James and Isaac are well, of course; they are seldom ill, thank God. It made for an unusual Christmas, but a lot of love was shown because of it.