Saturday, September 30, 2006

 
Chera pointed out in a Comment that I'm probably not picking the best description of myself by saying in my Profile that I'm obese.
When filling out my Profile as a newby blogger I was thinking to myself of those personal ads one always hears about: "Gorgeous, 20-something..." or some such line that turns out to be completely untrue. About a year ago a conservative male blogger with more creativity than scruples put a photo of a blond young lady taken from a Russian "pick-a-bride" site up as his own face on his blog and tried to pass his thoughts off as those of a young female conservative. He started getting all sorts of attention, because other conservatives were thrilled to find an intelligent, conservative young woman blogging her brilliant thoughts. Then some guy recognized the photo... What a shame: same great blog, reduced to low readership once again just because the blogger turned out to be a young, intelligent, Male.
With this in mind, I decided to post a profile of my whole self-- including my age and weight-- as a solid statement of "the whole truth and nothing but the truth" for my readers.
I guess my weight isn't really one of the central attributes I should point out to describe myself, so I shall republish my blog with an amended Profile.
And I think you're wonderful, too, Chera. Absolutely wonderful.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?