Wednesday, June 21, 2006
I hear: Children playing with Legos at the kitchen table and talking together. Isaac just rattled all this off in some little game of pretend, "'Mom, I want a battery.' 'Why, dear?' 'I need to shock the pool.'"
I wonder: about microfluidics. About nanotechnology. About research into artificial wombs for premature births. About human communities on the sea floor. Why we bury perfectly good clothes along with our dead people.
I regret: being bad at math. Not knowing more physics. Dating in my youth.
I hope: every one of my parents' descendents will be saved. That Ethan and Naomi manage to get an education... somehow.
I am not: good at math.
I dance: when no one is looking, but I plan to take lessons in a year or so!
I sing: praise songs at the top of my lungs (which is not very loud, considering my puny lungs) when I'm alone in the car.
I cry: during touching points in songs or movies. Late at night when I've gotten really exhausted.
I am not always: aware of what's going on around me, which makes people feel ignored.
I make with my hands: meals. Art. Various stuff in conjunction with my sewing machine. Floor plans and layouts of houses. Schedules.
I shop: as little as possible. I'm into extreme speed shopping.
I pray: for missionaries, government leaders and people of influence, my loved ones and the lost. Flash prayers and sudden upwelling hallelujahs to God.
I write: to-do lists. Family Christmas letters, emails and blog posts. Handwritten letters to my computer-less brother Fred. Fiction.
I confuse: people.
I need: to lose weight. To buy a better internet service.
I should: inspire Ethan and Naomi to be better students... somehow!
I start: with the best of intentions.
I finish: whatever I have the energy to finish, (my physical energy level puts heavy drag chains on my enthusiasm.)
I tag: any fellow blogger who reads my blog who hasn't been tagged yet!
I wonder: about microfluidics. About nanotechnology. About research into artificial wombs for premature births. About human communities on the sea floor. Why we bury perfectly good clothes along with our dead people.
I regret: being bad at math. Not knowing more physics. Dating in my youth.
I hope: every one of my parents' descendents will be saved. That Ethan and Naomi manage to get an education... somehow.
I am not: good at math.
I dance: when no one is looking, but I plan to take lessons in a year or so!
I sing: praise songs at the top of my lungs (which is not very loud, considering my puny lungs) when I'm alone in the car.
I cry: during touching points in songs or movies. Late at night when I've gotten really exhausted.
I am not always: aware of what's going on around me, which makes people feel ignored.
I make with my hands: meals. Art. Various stuff in conjunction with my sewing machine. Floor plans and layouts of houses. Schedules.
I shop: as little as possible. I'm into extreme speed shopping.
I pray: for missionaries, government leaders and people of influence, my loved ones and the lost. Flash prayers and sudden upwelling hallelujahs to God.
I write: to-do lists. Family Christmas letters, emails and blog posts. Handwritten letters to my computer-less brother Fred. Fiction.
I confuse: people.
I need: to lose weight. To buy a better internet service.
I should: inspire Ethan and Naomi to be better students... somehow!
I start: with the best of intentions.
I finish: whatever I have the energy to finish, (my physical energy level puts heavy drag chains on my enthusiasm.)
I tag: any fellow blogger who reads my blog who hasn't been tagged yet!