Sunday, April 09, 2006

 

second letter from Kinmen


I am currently visiting my son in Taiwan. This is my first trip overseas. I'm trying to keep the family at home up to date on what we're doing over here. This is an email I sent home. I don't think it's the first one, because the first one discusses getting here and eating with Kuyu's family. If I find the first email I will post it.

Dear Everyone,
I got Bonnie's note!!! I was very surprised! What's really nice is that I got the surprise without the disappointment, because I forgot all about looking for a note from her in my bag the second timeI got to the airport!
We just got back from church. We were late for the sermon--Samuel took longer than planned in the bathroom (he had to go backbecause he forgot to shave) and I took longer than planned eating breakfast with chopsticks. :) The latter part of the service Dr.Henning preached. We got to hear the beginning of that and then snuck out and taught Sunday School.
English bible study was great. It is shorter than I imagined, but you can tell it takes plenty of brainpower from the students, working on the memory verse in English and things like that. (Samuel was able to read it in Chinese characters, and Lucas memorized and said it out loud in Chinese!)
Kuyu's father cooked lunch for the congregation. It was delicious, but I was given such a generous bowl of it that I couldn't quite finish it.
We got pictures of Samuel and I with Kuyu's family and with Dr.Henning and wife with the whole congregation. I hope to get Samuel to upload them for me to show you.
James, I saw Strong, and he says to tell you, "Hello." I gave the calligraphy to Pastor Samuel and Joy, and they really liked it. Pastor Samuel showed me the bible you gave him and emphasized again how much he liked it. I think he meant for me to tell you, "Thank you!" again.
Thanks for reminding me about who the gifts go to, Anna andBonnie. I was afraid of messing it up.
I'm going to kick back and rest a bit, so I don't get REALLY tired and nap too late in the day.
I love y'all soooo much!
Mama

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?