Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Saturday night in Kinmen
Dear Everyone,
The washing machine is truly messed up, so I had Samuel take my laundry into the boys' restroom and start it all over again. Tomorrow after church I'll warn the other gals that it's "no workie". I know this is totally non-news, but it has been a major hassle for me and has eaten up a lot of valuable time.
I devised a method of drying clothes that Samuel thinks is clever. You see, the dryer in the girls' bathroom fries clothes, and the dryer in the boys' bathroom takes forever to dry clothes. Clothes hung outside get rained on right now. Clothes hung inside take foreverto dry because it's humid around here. So I hang all of my clean, damp laundry over plastic or vinyl coated hangers in an empty closet, turn the heat lamp toward the open closet and set up the little fan Samuel has so that it blows the heat off the heat lamp and into the closet. There's a nice breeze blowing around everything in the closet and back out into the room all night. The clothes get dry; we stay warm; life is good.
I got Bonnie's old tube of Frizz Ease from Ginger, so maybe tomorrow my hair will be manageable. Down with moped hair!
Tonight we went to Monkey and Aluba's parent's shop for supper. We went with Drew and we ended up seeing Ginger along the way, and she had a chicken drumstick Monkey gave me that I was really too full for. The food was great. When Samuel went to pay for our meal they wouldn't let him. They are so generous and kind.
After supper Ginger and I went shopping. She made a final decision on some dress pants to wear to the university interviews, and then she helped me find some hair clips that I can use to help keep my hair way back out of my face without having to wear a headband all the time. You see, wearing a headband all the time in a humid climate kind of rots your head!!
Love you more than air!
Mama
The washing machine is truly messed up, so I had Samuel take my laundry into the boys' restroom and start it all over again. Tomorrow after church I'll warn the other gals that it's "no workie". I know this is totally non-news, but it has been a major hassle for me and has eaten up a lot of valuable time.
I devised a method of drying clothes that Samuel thinks is clever. You see, the dryer in the girls' bathroom fries clothes, and the dryer in the boys' bathroom takes forever to dry clothes. Clothes hung outside get rained on right now. Clothes hung inside take foreverto dry because it's humid around here. So I hang all of my clean, damp laundry over plastic or vinyl coated hangers in an empty closet, turn the heat lamp toward the open closet and set up the little fan Samuel has so that it blows the heat off the heat lamp and into the closet. There's a nice breeze blowing around everything in the closet and back out into the room all night. The clothes get dry; we stay warm; life is good.
I got Bonnie's old tube of Frizz Ease from Ginger, so maybe tomorrow my hair will be manageable. Down with moped hair!
Tonight we went to Monkey and Aluba's parent's shop for supper. We went with Drew and we ended up seeing Ginger along the way, and she had a chicken drumstick Monkey gave me that I was really too full for. The food was great. When Samuel went to pay for our meal they wouldn't let him. They are so generous and kind.
After supper Ginger and I went shopping. She made a final decision on some dress pants to wear to the university interviews, and then she helped me find some hair clips that I can use to help keep my hair way back out of my face without having to wear a headband all the time. You see, wearing a headband all the time in a humid climate kind of rots your head!!
Love you more than air!
Mama