Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

March 27th email

I wrote a more informative email before this one, but I have tried for two days to load it and have failed. Isn't that weird? This one loaded just fine.

Dear Everyone,
I missed hearing Rush Limbaugh's opening monologue today. Wow. I miss out on it at home so often I didn't think I'd miss it here at all.
English conversation class only had two students, but it was fun. It was POURING down rain, so that put a damper on the turnout. Samuel decided to cancel it for next week because of tests that the senior high will be having. Our lesson went well. One of the students was agirl Bonnie knows named Sophie. The boy's name sounds like Lay, but I don't know how to spell it. Sophie was good at the drawing, but it was Lay who kept exclaiming over it. It seems he has an art teacher who doesn't actually teach them how to draw anything. He was tickled to death to learn what little I covered.
Samuel took me to Easy Way on the way home from shopping today. I forgot to tell you, Bonnie. I really liked the milk tea! The girl there was very friendly and fired questions at Samuel nonstop. His Chinese is soooo good! Y'all should hear him communicate with people--and they talk so fast at him!!
Went to a little restaurant for supper that has been decorated with a pretty European look. But we don't put much store in decoration-- the food was delicious; that's what counts!! We ate part and carried the rest home for breakfast. Daddy asked if I liked the squid. I think it tasted just dandy. I didn't like how chewy it was, but that's just me. I liked the shrimp better than I did at Keith's wedding reception-- guess I was just protein-starved after eating presweetened oatmeal and hot chocolate before the plane flight that morning.
My eyes are slamming shut, so I'll go now.
Love y'all more than air!
Mama

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?