Sunday, April 09, 2006
Found the email I was looking for!
Dear Everybody,
Yesterday when Samuel, Kuyu Lin, Andrea and Pastor Samuel came and got me from the airport we drove over to a restaurant (can't tellyou which) and met Kuyu's family and the rest of Pastor Samuel's family. Mr. Lin paid for a huge meal for us all. I was rather protein starved at that point and really enjoyed all the different meat dishes-- fish, oysters, beef, squid, pork, chicken and shrimp!! Samuel says I was introduced to some very fine dining with my first meal here!
Pastor Samuel was so funny. I was wearing my hunter orange jacket and sitting next to him in the front seat, and he was pretending that he could hardly look my direction and asked, "How many of those does your family have?"
We went to Lucy's in the early evening yesterday. She and Shiow Wei liked Bonnie's gifts. Lucy took the duck and Shiow Wei the poodle.Then Lucy went upstairs for awhile, and we just relaxed a bit while Shiow Wei shampooed a customer. Then Lucy brought down apple and guava she'd cut up for us. So nice. She stole my prideful heart by saying I looked too young to be Samuel and BJ's mother. And like everyone here she exclaimed over how much I look like BJ. The Chen's, Ginger, Joy, everybody says, "Oh! You look exactly like BJ!!" At church today I found that I looked young to other people as well. Several people said I should be Samuel's older sister. Either I'm very relaxed, having children keeps one young, or they're all poor judges of white people's age! Samuel guesses it's the latter.
While at the Chen's I met Christina Furrow (Furrows?) and her parents. They were just finishing up a visit with Christina. It was nice to meet them. Christina says she misses BJ.
I feel bad about even mentioning to anyone that I got a nose bleed on the plane. I told Samuel about it, and then knowing that he'd probably mention it to y'all I told y'all myself, but I asked you not to tell Dad for fear of worrying him. Then I felt unjust because I had told him to please tell me about anything that happens at home and not do that, "Let's not worry Mom." thing, and here I was doing the same to him. So I went ahead and told him, too. Now I see what a minor incident it was and wish I'd kept my mouth shut completely. I told Samuel it must have freaked me out more than I realized that I ever mentioned it to him in the first place.
Enough for now! If I missed anything I'll write again.
Love,
Mama
Yesterday when Samuel, Kuyu Lin, Andrea and Pastor Samuel came and got me from the airport we drove over to a restaurant (can't tellyou which) and met Kuyu's family and the rest of Pastor Samuel's family. Mr. Lin paid for a huge meal for us all. I was rather protein starved at that point and really enjoyed all the different meat dishes-- fish, oysters, beef, squid, pork, chicken and shrimp!! Samuel says I was introduced to some very fine dining with my first meal here!
Pastor Samuel was so funny. I was wearing my hunter orange jacket and sitting next to him in the front seat, and he was pretending that he could hardly look my direction and asked, "How many of those does your family have?"
We went to Lucy's in the early evening yesterday. She and Shiow Wei liked Bonnie's gifts. Lucy took the duck and Shiow Wei the poodle.Then Lucy went upstairs for awhile, and we just relaxed a bit while Shiow Wei shampooed a customer. Then Lucy brought down apple and guava she'd cut up for us. So nice. She stole my prideful heart by saying I looked too young to be Samuel and BJ's mother. And like everyone here she exclaimed over how much I look like BJ. The Chen's, Ginger, Joy, everybody says, "Oh! You look exactly like BJ!!" At church today I found that I looked young to other people as well. Several people said I should be Samuel's older sister. Either I'm very relaxed, having children keeps one young, or they're all poor judges of white people's age! Samuel guesses it's the latter.
While at the Chen's I met Christina Furrow (Furrows?) and her parents. They were just finishing up a visit with Christina. It was nice to meet them. Christina says she misses BJ.
I feel bad about even mentioning to anyone that I got a nose bleed on the plane. I told Samuel about it, and then knowing that he'd probably mention it to y'all I told y'all myself, but I asked you not to tell Dad for fear of worrying him. Then I felt unjust because I had told him to please tell me about anything that happens at home and not do that, "Let's not worry Mom." thing, and here I was doing the same to him. So I went ahead and told him, too. Now I see what a minor incident it was and wish I'd kept my mouth shut completely. I told Samuel it must have freaked me out more than I realized that I ever mentioned it to him in the first place.
Enough for now! If I missed anything I'll write again.
Love,
Mama