Tuesday, April 11, 2006
answers to Bonnie's questions, Apr. 8
Dear Bonnie,
We sent Fred an Easter card, but I doubt it has arrived yet. I'll try to send him a note through y'all to get him current on what I'm up to.
I love zhen ju milk tea! I had all my milk tea that way when I first arrived. Then I struggled with diarrhea, and I eliminated at lot of things to try and figure out what was bothering me. It wasn't that, so now I get zhen ju milk tea at Easy Way and regular milk tea in the little boxes. I'm into drinking alot. (Hick! No, not that kind of drinking!) I like passion fruit tea, guava juice, orange juice, passion fruit juice, milk tea, zhen ju milk tea, iced coffee, Coke, black tea (I know, it's red tea), King Car's fruit soda, drinking yogurt and other things.
I think I may have hit on what gives me diarrhea. Just guessing, I think the water machine is probably not filtering correctly. It quit working all together the other day, and when I got off that water my diarrhea cleared up. Now I'm back on the water and sick again. I had to skip lunch at church and just come on back to the dorm. :( I plan to avoid the water machine and see how I do after this. Thinking back, on the days we dashed out and I didn't get myself a glass of water, I felt that I'd cheated my body of something healthy, but actually, those were the days I wasn't sick. If I'm remembering right.
I watched Shiaow Wei give Samuel a massage. I took careful note of what she did. Does she do it differently than Lucy? If so, I'll take Samuel to Lucy and watch her. Be sure and let me know before I run out of time.
We are praying for your upcoming week. I realized last night that we never uploaded the photos about the August 23rd Bombardment for you. I had no idea that the U.S. had any hand in helping that situation! It gives me a smidgen more respect for Henry Kissinger andPres. Nixon (though not a lot!). Negotiations with the U.S. finally stopped the every-other-day bombing in 1979. I want to get Samuel to upload every photo we've taken, actually, so I can post comments about them before I forget what they're about! We were thrilled to hear about your 93 and the mistake you found on the answer key!!
I'll write you about the gifts later. I've got to plan things out a bit for cooking tonight. Three Jeffries are getting in from Taiwan with Meagan, and this will be their supper as well, so I've got to figure out how I'm going to stretch it.
Love you very tons!
Mama
We sent Fred an Easter card, but I doubt it has arrived yet. I'll try to send him a note through y'all to get him current on what I'm up to.
I love zhen ju milk tea! I had all my milk tea that way when I first arrived. Then I struggled with diarrhea, and I eliminated at lot of things to try and figure out what was bothering me. It wasn't that, so now I get zhen ju milk tea at Easy Way and regular milk tea in the little boxes. I'm into drinking alot. (Hick! No, not that kind of drinking!) I like passion fruit tea, guava juice, orange juice, passion fruit juice, milk tea, zhen ju milk tea, iced coffee, Coke, black tea (I know, it's red tea), King Car's fruit soda, drinking yogurt and other things.
I think I may have hit on what gives me diarrhea. Just guessing, I think the water machine is probably not filtering correctly. It quit working all together the other day, and when I got off that water my diarrhea cleared up. Now I'm back on the water and sick again. I had to skip lunch at church and just come on back to the dorm. :( I plan to avoid the water machine and see how I do after this. Thinking back, on the days we dashed out and I didn't get myself a glass of water, I felt that I'd cheated my body of something healthy, but actually, those were the days I wasn't sick. If I'm remembering right.
I watched Shiaow Wei give Samuel a massage. I took careful note of what she did. Does she do it differently than Lucy? If so, I'll take Samuel to Lucy and watch her. Be sure and let me know before I run out of time.
We are praying for your upcoming week. I realized last night that we never uploaded the photos about the August 23rd Bombardment for you. I had no idea that the U.S. had any hand in helping that situation! It gives me a smidgen more respect for Henry Kissinger andPres. Nixon (though not a lot!). Negotiations with the U.S. finally stopped the every-other-day bombing in 1979. I want to get Samuel to upload every photo we've taken, actually, so I can post comments about them before I forget what they're about! We were thrilled to hear about your 93 and the mistake you found on the answer key!!
I'll write you about the gifts later. I've got to plan things out a bit for cooking tonight. Three Jeffries are getting in from Taiwan with Meagan, and this will be their supper as well, so I've got to figure out how I'm going to stretch it.
Love you very tons!
Mama